Sunday 8 January 2012

A new weight watchers blog

When I started Weight Watchers ProPoints around this time last year I struggled to find many blogs about WW and the new ProPoints system they had introduced.  I also struggled to find sites other than WW own site that had (tasty) recipes with ProPoints on them.  So I started to write some on my own blog, Jayne's Kitchen and the number of visits to the site shot up.  The weight watcher's recipes are still a massive hit a year later and has massively contributed to getting 17,500 page views in a year.  

It's now January 2012 and once again WW are on their annual drive for new members and the number of page views on Jayne's Kitchen is rocketing again thanks to the weight watchers posts, but I don't want to bore people who aren't really interested in how many ProPoints are in each dish so I decided to create this blog to run alongside my other one.  This one will also have the addition of talking about my experience of ProPoints, good products I have come across and  the number of ProPoints in certain things based on popular searches that have led people to my other blog.  

It's also a way of me tracking my weight and perhaps shame myself in to staying on track. I opted for the online option rather than going to meetings and I was doing really well up until my birthday in August 2011.  Then I got distracted by buying our first house and so for the last four months of the year it all went to pot a bit (although I did lose a couple of pounds through shear anxiety during the process of getting a mortgage!)

So this is me now..or at least the most recent photo I have, it was taken a couple of months ago and by this point I had probably lost a stone so I'm probably 11 stone on this picture (that's so hard to write, I know a lot of people will say that 11 stone is nothing but it's about being happy with your body and I don't feel happy with it as well as feeling generally unhealthy).  



My blood pressure has come down a lot and when I was going to the gym I could do more than I ever could before.  Even when I wasn't on WW and counting how many ProPoints I was having I actually didn't do too badly.  I've put on 4lbs since I came off the plan but I have noticed that I don't make the same choices that I used to.

When I went away to university ten years ago I weighed 9st 3 and was a size 10.  Now I don't think it will be possible to ever get to that weight again so I will settle for 10st and and a size 12. This is a photo of what I would like to look like:


So come back for some tasty recipes, me wittering on about my ProPoints experience and to give me some encouragement to stay on track!! :-)


Jayne x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to put a face to the name *hello*, great blog and will put a link on my blog for updates! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for a shiny new blog! Your recipes always look gorgeous and lovely to "meet" fellow WWs!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wanna lose weight? Do burpees and control your portions!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...